Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mullets and Hell's Bay Boats

I’m so tired, I can barely type, but the show must go on.

I’ve been in Texas for twelve days—hanging out with the folks and redfishing. Chance, the lovely gentleman at Swan Point Landing was awesome and it’s great to be able to go to a fly shop in Rockport, Texas. I’m exhausted, sunburned, and defeated, but it was great going down south and I plan on another trip in October. I could grow a mullet and buy a Hell’s Bay before you know it.

I’m at home base today catching up; fortunately, the fly-tying class I teach was canceled so that I can do a few things at home.

Tomorrow, I’m heading west for the Sandy River Spey Clave. I’ve been trying to go for years and even though I should be at home, I’m going for it. I can’t wait to see some friends and learn lots. I think driving by myself will be a nice change of pace, too.

Last week, the Blue Collar issue of Blood Knot was released. Check it out here.

We’re 16 days from opening day and I can’t wait. I’ve got so much to do to get ready, but I guess I have so much to do in general.

2011 is a great year, period.

3 comments:

e.m.b. said...

"2011 is a great year, period." - I 2nd that. Great post! Sounds like you had an amazing trip, and another to come...cheers!

MRB said...

Yeah, I feel like I'm finally recovering from the recession and my quarter life crisis (ha ha). Thanks for reading!

Anonymous said...

Hi

Mullets and Hell's Bay Boats more information dear ?