Thursday, February 23, 2012

Finally Going Fishing

This winter has been really weird.  Warm/cold, too much work, and not enough fishing or skiing.  A couple of weeks ago I finally got to go fishing and it was a flop.  It was about forty and everyone in town decided to go that day.  I had to go to four access points before I finally found one to myself.  Unfortunately, it was a spot that I love, but doesn't normally fish well until March, and it proved me right.  There were a couple of midges out, but not really any hungry fish. And I guess I lost my hemos, flotant, and a number of other integral items over the winter.  I saw it as a good opportunity to prepare myself for better fishing.

I think my spring is finally going to allow me to be outside.  This afternoon, I'll rip it up on the mountain with Paddy and tonight is the Fly Fishing Film Tour in Sun Valley.

No comments: