Monday, December 06, 2010

Oregon, Part Two


Steelhead still life

The second half of my trip to Oregon was pretty crazy. I floated the Kickitat River in Washington with Marcy Stone from the Fly Fishing Shop in Welches. The river was absolutely gorgeous, there were salmon all over the river, and I got some awesome casting lessons. It was by far the best part of the trip. After my float, I drove to Portland to stay at some awesome clients' house. Unfortunately, they were out of town, but I'll definitely be back to Oregon to fish with them. The next morning I was so exhausted, I couldn't manage to get up to fish so I explored a little in Portland, including a trip to Powell's, of course. I headed out the next morning and hit the John Day and the Owyhee on my way back home over the next couple of days. Nothing exciting, but I got to see some more amazing country. I really look forward to going back.


Swinging on the Klickitat.


Some moldy chum action.


Quiet day on the Owyhee.

No comments: