Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A Little Pond Fishing

A couple of weeks ago I was in Texas for Easter.  I had a couple of saltwater trips planned with my sister, brother-in-law, and their guide in Corpus, but the wind was roaring so we had to cancel.

It's hard to beat the fight of a fat catfish.

Growing up, my dad always took us fishing on Good Friday, which was always more than enough fishing for the year--ha ha.  My dad and I went fishing on the ranch on Good Friday and I caught a catfish (only my second ever) and he caught a nice bass.  There wasn't a lot going on, but it's so fun to catch something different.

A delicious bass.  Pop did eat both fish for dinner.  I like my fish in the form of raw tuna on rice--ha ha.

1 comment:

Trail The Outdoors said...

Nice job on the Cat! It is always nice to take a change of pace and scenery and try some different species out from time to time.