Thursday, November 04, 2010

Oregon Trail


I'm heading to Oregon for 9 days of steelheading on Monday morning. I'm just rocking it by myself--camping in the car and keeping warm with a bottle of scotch. Last night I was reading about flies and I got so excited I was a little nauseous! I have no idea what I'm doing--I just had images of me walking in to the first shop in starched Orvis clothes, asking, "Excuse me, but is there anyone who can teach me how to Shadow Cast?" I guess it's not that bad--I have a pretty bomber Snap-T and an acceptable Double Spey, but the learning curve is pretty steep. My goal is to catch one fish--anything else will be icing on the cake. This will be a great learning experience and a grand adventure. I can't wait to see what I find...

If you haven't yet, check out the new issue of Blood Knot!

No comments: