Sunday, March 21, 2010

Neglecting the Blog

I've totally been neglecting the blog for the last couple of weeks, but I guess it's good that I've been too busy to deal with it. My parents were here for a week. We went skiing, ate good food, crafted, and my dad even popped two steelies.

The trout fishing has also been great and I've had a couple of trips and have a few more booked through the month. The midges have not been out for long, but they've been pretty prolific mid afternoon. I've been throwing a size 12 Para Wulff with a size 14 red and black zebra midge and it's been doing the job. I'm hoping to get to MacKay tomorrow and have some bad weather baetis.

We only have about 10 days of trout season left, but the steelhead are here and it's only a few weeks until we have spawning carp on the Snake. Almost all of the snow is melted, unfortunately, but the birds are out and there are signs of come bulbs popping up. Looking forward to a fishy spring...and more consistent blogging.

No comments: